Saturday, August 6, 2011

Here are the pictures of Maddie's birthday.  When I baked the cake I had so much extra batter that I also baked a dozen cupcakes.  This was not planned. I used a Paula Dean recipe for chocolate cake and the chocolate cream cheese frosting.  The cake is a treasure chest full of gold coins, candy rings, rock candy, Rollo's and gold wrapped kisses.  A true child's treasure!



I also made cake balls.  If you have not had any of these you are really missing a treat! 



Zack created a real treasure hunt for her.  He went to the bank and bought $20 in gold and silver dollars.  He put them in a felt bag and buried them in her front yard. He has already created a treasure map from her back door to the treasure at the front of their 1 1/2 acre yard.  She was so excited when she finally dug it up. 





Here are the two gift bags that I made for her gifts.



I had so much fun creating for her party.  I am kinda princess-ed out!  I never thought I'd get to do a pirate theme.  I hope she picks a fun theme next year too!  My luck, it will be Justin Beibers........


No comments: