Thursday, January 3, 2008

What Now?

The ribbon is organized, so what should be next? I think my scrapbook paper is a mess. So, I will tackle that next. Organizing my scrapbook papers will be a massive chore. I will include photos as I make progress. The first thing I noticed is that I have scraps everywhere. When I finish a project I leave a stack of scrap paper right where I finished with it. I do have a file of scrap paper, filed by color. It’s funny, but sometimes I just don’t feel like putting it away. Hmmmm! Do you suppose that I could be a little lazy? I decided to get creative with some of that stray paper and created a card. I’m not crazy about the card, but I LOVE the glittered hearts.
The card base is 5 ½” x 4 ¼”, Pink Passion stamped with Basic Gray Sanded background stamp. I used Seeing Spots classy brass template to dry emboss the circles into the cardstock. Confetti White 2” x 5 ½” band, stamped using Bugs & Kisses. The band is matted with a strip of Basic Gray, 2 ¼” x 5 ½” The hearts….This is the good part!
I chose four different colors from my scraps. Squeeze a layer of Crystal Effects (Stampin’ Up). Sprinkle a fine grade glitter (SU Dazzling Diamonds) over the Crystal Effects. Let sit for a few minutes and them shake off the extra glitter. Then squeeze another layer of Crystal Effects over the glittered heart and let dry. You will have beautiful puffy glittery hearts without the mess.
Add a little piece of ribbon and you have a card from your scraps. I love the way these hearts turned out. I can’t wait to use this technique again.
Please leave a comment and be sure to scroll to the bottom of the page for one of my latest projects.
I will post a tutorial on the Canvas Scrapbook Page soon.
Thanks for looking! See Ya

2 comments:

lmdelker said...

Great idea to start your blog. I liked the mess of ribbon.

Anonymous said...

Those hearts are even prettier in the photo than I imagined they would be! Bet they are even prettier IRL!