Monday, January 14, 2008

Christmas Card Challenge

January Christmas Card Challenge I know what you are thinking . . . “Is she crazy? Christmas in January?” I joined the Christmas Card Challenge again this year. You have to create ten cards each month and upload them on Splitcoaststampers.com. Then by the time the hustle and bustle of the holidays arrives you already have your cards made and ready to mail out. This worked out great for me last year. I finished making all my cards by July and was able to focus on other things during the holidays. I chose a simple design for this month. I embossed silver on white cardstock using a retired Snowflake set. The snowflake is then mounted on a silver cardstock mat. Smaller snowflakes and the greeting were then embossed in silver on the main card. I attached a half-inch strip of silver cardstock, which was trimmed with wavy decorative scissors along the bottom edge of the card. I finished off the inside of the card with a sweet seasonal greeting and some additional snowflakes stamped in Going Gray. This will be a good one to put in the mail, because it doesn’t have any 3-D embellishment on it. Before you leave today, go to the bottom of my blog and sign my Guestbook.

No comments: